The Walden Cluster Board of Directors has updated the neighborhood’s operating procedures. The new document is available in the Cluster Operating Procedures link on the left side of this page.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Easter Bunny was in Walden Cluster this weekend, and the neighborhood children and friends filled their baskets with the eggs left in the neighborhood.
Check out more photos here:
Please note that milling and paving work on Ridge Heights Road will be performed next week from Monday, October 15, through Friday, October 19.
Important: There will be no parking along Ridge Heights during work hours. Cars in violation will be towed. Curbside signs state no parking between the hours of 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Please make note of this if you have an extra vehicle parked there.
The Walden Cluster Annual Meeting will be held on Sunday, October 7, at 4:00 pm at the Cluster Dock. In case of inclement weather, the meeting will be moved indoors and will be held at 2005 SNW. This is a chance to socialize with your neighbors, share your ideas for improvements, and help shape the future of the cluster.
Walden Cluster is pleased to report that for those of you who need or want to replace your exterior light fixtures, some new design options for our front and rear entry lights have been approved by the Reston Association Design Review Board (DRB). The new Walden Cluster Guidelines are as follows:
- You may retain the original front entry light (oblong, bronze two-light fixture) and rear entry light (white globe with black casing)
- You may retain the approved front brass entry replacement light (manufactured by Thomas Lighting, Catalog No M5296-1).
- Since the brass front entry replacement light by Thomas Lighting has been discontinued by the original manufacturer, you may substitute it with the same design as manufactured by a different vendor (Maxim Lighting Model No. 6831CLPB in polished brass finish).
- To increase your available design options, the following new design has been approved by the DRB: Maxim Lighting Model No. 4651CDBU in burnished aluminum.
- Also, you may now choose to match your front and rear entry lights with the same approved light fixture, or to change only your front light, and keep the original white opaque round globes in the rear.
- The recent DRB decision also stipulates that if you decide to replace your rear light, it must match the front light, and that only clear, uncolored bulbs (non-swirled) may be installed.
Please note that the above are the only approved entry light fixtures for Walden Cluster. Additional information and photos of the fixtures can be found in the book of Walden Cluster Standards maintained at the Reston Association offices.
Also, please note that as of the date of this post (15 September 2012), the PDF document on this web site for the Walden Cluster standards does not include this latest change. As always, please check with Reston Association to ensure that you have the latest cluster design guidelines.
The Environmental Protection Agency has released this video on Reston lakes. Much of the footage is of Lake Thoreau. Also, the landscaper interviewed has also been the Walden Cluster landscaper for many years.